Batavia, New York - The sets are being built, the costumes are being bloodied and now the talent has been cast! Brodie McPherson, director of the show and also GCC’s instructor of Theatre Technology released the cast list today for what promises to be GCC’s biggest theatre production of the season! GCC’s Forum Players Theatre Company will perform Richard O’Brien’s The Rocky Horror Show, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, October 17, 18, and 19, 2019 at 7:30 p.m. and again Sunday, October 20, 2019 at 2 p.m. in the College’s Stuart Steiner Theatre.
The Rocky Horror Show will feature GCC students representing many majors and four different countries, as well as a GCC alumnus. Audiences will enjoy the talent, style and a little craziness from following:
- Tiago Marques of São Paulo, Brazil as Frank-N-Furter
- Runo Suzuki of Hokkaido, Japan as Janet Weiss
- Samuel G. Rigerman of Batavia, NY as Brad Majors
- Benjamin Reiner of Pembroke, NY as Riff Raff
- Lacey Sloat of Bergen, NY as Magenta
- Fu Kikuchi of Fukuoka, Japan as Columbia
- Chris Barbis of Pavilion, NY as Rocky Horror
- Jack Diskin of LeRoy, NY as Eddie and a Phantom
- Grant Calcote of LeRoy, NY as Dr. Everett V. Scott and a Phantom
- Josh Pacino (GCC class of 2008 and 2009) of Batavia, NY as The Narrator
- Marissa Carbonell of Batavia, NY as Trixie The Usherette and a Phantom
And playing Phantoms throughout the productions will be:
- Marissa Carbonell of Batavia, NY
- Sam Ciesla of Hamburg, NY
- Haylea-Ann Nicole Self of Brockton, NY
- Brittany Mayes of Medina, NY
- Jessie Pierce of Batavia, NY
- Tiffany Smith of Arkport, NY
- Brandon Ribbeck of Warsaw, NY
- Ai Jitozono of Nagasaki, Japan
- Ayaka Nakamura of Osaka, Japan
- Francesca Pieter of Willemstad, Curaçao
- Alyssa Young of Brockport, NY
- Andrew DeMeo of Staten Island, NY
This show will take full advantage of all the high-tech sound and lighting equipment at the College’s state-of-the-art theatre. The full scene and costume shops provide dynamic sets, clothing and special effects to take this production over the top. In addition, special ‘Goodie Bags’ to be sold for $5 are in development as is some pre-show, intermission and post-show opportunities for the audience to interact with the cast.
“This show promises to be among the most memorable experiences not only for GCC’s Forum Players, but also for our audience and supporters. It really is not to be missed,” McPherson said. “Everyone should enjoy the perfect prelude to the Halloween season with a performance that is ‘out of this world!’ ”
Tickets for The Rocky Horror Show, performed by GCC’s Forum Players Theatre Company are $8 for adults, and $5 for seniors (55+) and students (16+) and GCC faculty/ staff. GCC students with ID are $3, and GCC alumni with ID will receive a $2 discount on an adult ticket. To reserve seats, contact the GCC box office today at email@example.com or (585) 345-6814. Seating is limited and advance reservations are strongly advised. The show is designed for mature audiences only.
For more information on GCC’s Forum Players productions, contact Marketing Communications Director Donna Rae Sutherland at (585) 343-0055 ext. 6616, or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #
Photographs of The Rocky Horror Show cast, courtesy of GCC, are available at:
Media Sneak Peek:
Members of the media are invited to enjoy a special 20-minute preview of the show on Thursday, October 3, 2019 at 5:30 p.m. with members of the Community College Faculty Council, a state-wide organization that will be holding its annual meeting at Genesee Community October 3-5, 2019.