Genesee Community College continues to demonstrate a commitment to student success and community connections on Thursday, October 22, 2015, when more than 25 of the area’s top healthcare employers and four-year universities will attend the eighth annual Fall Nursing Job & Transfer Fair to explore career and educational opportunities. This event is designed to introduce potential new employees and/or transferring students to four year nursing colleges or a future employer, and also provides healthcare businesses an opportunity to present their trade and services to the local community. This event is free and open to all community members.
Employers and universities represented include:
- Catholic Health, Buffalo
- Brooks Memorial Hospital, Dunkirk
- HCR Home Care, Rochester
- Jewish Senior Life, Rochester
- Kaleida Health, Buffalo
- Lifetime Care, Rochester
- Monroe Community Hospital, Rochester
- Nursefinders, Rochester
- OPWDD Finger Lakes, Rochester
- U.S. Army Reserves, Rochester
- Rochester Psychiatric Hospital, Rochester
- Rochester General Hospital, Rochester
- Lifetime Assistance Org., Rochester
- Fidelis Care, Getzville
- Med-Scribe, Inc., Fairport
- Independent Living of the Genesee Region, Batavia
- Maplewood Home Care, Webster
- New York Army National Guard, Genesee
- D’Youville College-School of Nursing
- Nazareth College-Nursing Dept.
- St. John Fisher College-Wegman’s School of Nursing
- SUNY Empire State College
- University of Rochester-School of Nursing
- Keuka College
- Chamberlain—College of Nursing
- Daemen College
- Trocaire College
- Roberts Wesleyan College
Participants are encouraged to dress prepared for an interview and to bring their resume. Students will have the opportunity to access real jobs, promote themselves and get their ‘foot in the door’ at several local health centered organizations. This is also an opportunity to obtain information about furthering their education to obtain their BSN. For a full list of attendees, please visit www.genesee.edu/career and log into and/or create an account with Purple Briefcase.
The event is open to the public, and will be held at the Batavia Campus of Genesee Community College in the Forum from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. on Thursday, October 22, 2015. Parking and attendance are free. For directions and additional details, please contact the Career Services office at 585-345-6888.