Batavia, NY- The 32nd Annual Fashion Show celebrating the year-long efforts and creative spirit of Genesee Community College’s Fashion Merchandising Management and Fashion Design students is coming together for two shows on Saturday, April 27, 2013. This year’s show is entitled “Fashion Forward” and presents an edgy, reinvented program that features the work, energy and creative endeavors of not only GCC fashion students, but students from other academic disciplines as well.
At least a dozen, and as many as 22 models appear in each of the twelve scenes, which are planned to run about three minutes each. Popular, contemporary music accompanies each scene featuring artists such as Beyonce and Justin Bieber. In addition to the designs of GCC fashion students, the show features clothing from well-known retailers including Buffalo David Bitton, Francesca’s, PacSun and Rue 21. This year’s twelve scenes are:
1. Off with Their Heads Designed and produced by Ashley Arter (Inspired by the haute couture designer, Alexander McQueen)
2. Posh Produced by Samantha Callisher and Jessica Coyle. Clothes provided by Francesca’s. Make-up and hair done by Jenna Sallome and Macey McCulley. (Inspired by the hit TV series Gossip Girl)
3. Streets Disciple Produced by Bill Davin and Jessica Coyle. Clothes provided by PacSun and The Upstate Rich t-shirt company. (Inspired by city life)
4. Mad House Designed and produced by Shenique Johnson with additional clothing from Uptown Express, Rochester. (Inspired by the singer, Rihanna)
5. Underground Glam Produced by Leah Perry. (Inspired by the designer, Betsy Johnson)
6. Imminent Potential Produced by Ashley Ricketts and Samantha Vogt. (Inspired by modern sophistication in children's clothing)
7. Tribal Bash Produced and designed by Lucy Namaganda and Nhan Truong. (Inspired by international cultures)
8. Reckless Produced by Mandi Scherer and Morgan Buanonno. Clothes sent from N.Y.C, provided by the famous clothing line, Buffalo David Bitton and Fierce Boutique, Rochester. (Inspired by the luxurious clothing line and edgy image of Buffalo David Bitton)
9. Soft, Sweet, and a Little Edgy Produced by Briana Peterson and Katie Carr. Clothing provided by Rue 21, Wet Seal and Fierce Boutique. (Inspired by Disney Channel star Selena Gomez)
10. Off the Edge Designed and produced by Shawna Platt. (Inspired by rock & roll, metal, and gothic like patterns)
11. Can'de Couture Designed by Candace Cooper and produced by Jamie Tyrrell. (Inspired by Candace Cooper's spring collection - Can'de Couture)
12. Eternal Inspiration Produced by Samantha Vogt. Clothes provided by M.A. Carr Bridal. (Inspired by classic bridal gowns with an edgy twist)
Two complete shows are scheduled on April 27, 2013 at 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. in the William W. Stuart Forum of the Batavia Campus. Tickets for the shows are available for $5 in advance or $7 at the door and can be purchased by calling 585-345-6830. Advance tickets are strongly recommended.
The event combines the interests and academic pursuits of several other College departments as well. The College’s Hospitality Management students work under Genesee professor Amy Slusser to coordinate extensive ‘front of the house’ operations such as refreshments, décor, door prizes, music and light refreshments, and the overall festive ambience. Genesee’s Criminal Justice students will be behind the scenes ensuring safety and security from the moment visitors arrive in the parking lot to the very end of the night when the show has long been over. The Communications and Media Arts students promote the event on WGCC, and GCC students also videotape the whole production. Lastly, the Graphic Design/Digital Arts students develop the annual logo and event branding elements for the program and tickets.
“I look forward to the 32nd annual fashion show produced by our Fashion Business students,” Rick Dudkowski, professor of GCC’s Fashion Business program said. “They are re-inventing the show this year by changing the format of the show, reducing the amount of commentary and increasing original clothing designs. The show will be creative, edgy and very fashion forward.”
To stay current on details and information about this year’s show, check out the GCC student blog http://gcccampusblog.wordpress.com/category/fashion/ and for a review of last year’s “Soiree” Fashion Show go to: http://www.genesee.edu/gcc/fashionshow/2012/.
For more information, contact Marketing Communications Associate Director Donna Rae Sutherland at (585) 343-0055 ext. 6616, or via email: email@example.com.
# # #