While 300 high school graduating seniors have claimed their $840 full tuition scholarship by registering for two summer courses at Genesee Community College, College officials would like to encourage all GLOW area high school graduates to invest in their future and take advantage of the scholarship opportunity. With more than 180 classes to chose from this summer, in all subject areas, at all campus locations, and with day and night classes—the Genesee Promise Plus scholarship is the best graduation gift of all.
“The Genesee Promise Plus program provides an excellent opportunity for high school graduates to stay on the path toward a college career,” President Stuart Steiner stated. “We were happy to be able to extend the Genesee Promise Plus Scholarship program deadline by one week for our area students.”
Under the Genesee Promise Plus Scholarship program, every 2011 high school graduate who attended a Genesee, Livingston, Orleans, and Wyoming area high school or lives in the GLOW region is eligible to receive a scholarship covering the cost of tuition for one or two GCC courses during the July 5-August 6 summer session if they are graduating from a high school in the College’s GLOW service area. The Genesee Promise Plus program also includes the following students:
- Students who live in the four-county GLOW service area who earned a GED Diploma in 2011 are eligible for a full tuition scholarship for two summer courses, regardless of age.
- 2011 GLOW area graduates from home-school programs.
- 2011 high school graduates who attended high schools outside of the GLOW service area but have accumulated GCC college credits through the College’s ACE Program are eligible to participate.
Under the Genesee Promise Plus Scholarship Program, students can take up to two summer courses at any of the College’s seven campus locations including Albion, Arcade, Batavia, Dansville, Lima, Medina, and Warsaw. The scholarship pays all tuition and fees and the student is only responsible for purchasing required textbooks. These earned credits can be used to get a head start on college and can be used not only at GCC, but can also be transferred to State University of New York (SUNY) schools and most other colleges and universities.
The extended deadline for submitting the Genesee Promise Plus Scholarship Application is Friday, June 24, 2011. The one-page application form is available at all seven Genesee Community College campus locations, as well as on-line at www.genesee.edu/promise. There is no limit to the number of students receiving these scholarships.
For more information, contact Tanya Lane-Martin through email, email@example.com or call the Admission’s Office at 585-345-6800 or 1-866-CALL-GCC. You can also stop in at any GCC campus location:
- GCC at Albion, 456 West Avenue (Rte 31), Albion, NY 14411 / 589-4936
- GCC at Arcade, 25 Edward Street, Arcade, NY 14009 / 492-5265
- GCC at Batavia, 1 College Road, Batavia NY, 14020 / 345-6800
- GCC at Dansville, 9221 Robert Hart Drive, Dansville, NY 14437 / 335-7820
- GCC at Lima, 7285 Gale Road, Lima, NY 14485 / 582-1226
- GCC at Medina, 11470 Maple Ridge Road (Rte. 31A), Medina, NY 14103 / 798-1688
- GCC at Warsaw, 115 Linwood Avenue, Warsaw, NY 14569 / 786-3010
# # #