Genesee Community College will once again offer the Genesee Promise Plus Scholarship program to all Genesee, Livingston, Orleans, or Wyoming County (GLOW) 2011 high school graduates. Under the Genesee Promise Plus Scholarship program, every 2011 high school graduate who attended a GLOW area high school or lives in the GLOW region is eligible to receive a scholarship covering the cost of tuition for one or two GCC courses during the July 5-August 6 summer session if they are graduating from a high school in the College’s GLOW service area. The Genesee Promise Plus program also includes the following students:
- Students who live in the four-county GLOW service area who earned a GED Diploma in 2011 are eligible for a full tuition scholarship for two summer courses, regardless of age.
- 2011 GLOW area graduates from home-school programs.
- 2011 high school graduates who attended high schools outside of the GLOW service area but have accumulated GCC college credits through the College’s ACE Program are eligible to participate.
Under the Genesee Promise Plus Scholarship Program, students can take up to two summer courses at any of the College’s seven campus locations including Albion, Arcade, Batavia, Dansville, Lima, Medina, and Warsaw. The scholarship pays all tuition and fees and the student is only responsible for purchasing required textbooks. These earned credits can be used to get a head start on college and can be used not only at GCC, but can also be transferred to State University of New York (SUNY) schools and most other colleges and universities.
The deadline for submitting the Genesee Promise Plus Scholarship Application is June 17. The one-page application form is available at all seven Genesee Community College campus locations, as well as on-line at www.genesee.edu/promise. There is no limit to the number of students receiving these scholarships.
For more information, contact Tanya Lane-Martin through email, email@example.com or call the Admission’s Office at 585-345-6800 or 1-866-CALL-GCC. You can also stop in at any GCC campus location:
- GCC at Albion, 456 West Avenue (Rte 31), Albion, NY 14411 / 589-4936
- GCC at Arcade, 25 Edward Street, Arcade, NY 14009 / 492-5265
- GCC at Batavia, 1 College Road, Batavia NY, 14020 / 345-6800
- GCC at Dansville, 9221 Robert Hart Drive, Dansville, NY 14437 / 335-7820
- GCC at Lima, 7285 Gale Road, Lima, NY 14485 / 582-1226
- GCC at Medina, 11470 Maple Ridge Road (Rte. 31A), Medina, NY 14103 / 798-1688
- GCC at Warsaw, 115 Linwood Avenue, Warsaw, NY 14569 / 786-3010
To learn more about Genesee Promise Plus, the admissions process, financial aid and academic opportunities, consider attending one of Genesee’s special events this spring:
- Batavia Campus College Visit, Friday, March 25, 9:00 AM
- Batavia Campus College Visit, Friday, April 8, 9:00 AM
- Lima Campus Center College Connection, Saturday, April 9, 2011 from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Batavia Campus Open House, Saturday, May 7, 2011 starting 9:00 am.
# # #