What:Albion Campus Center 20th Anniversary Celebration
When:Thursday, April 29, 2010, 5:00pm-6:30pm
Where:Genesee Community College Albion Campus Center
456 West Avenue, Albion, NY 14411
Who:General Public is invited to the anniversary celebration
Background: The 20th Anniversary Celebration and Open House of Genesee Community College’s Albion Campus is Thursday, April 29, 2010 from 5:00 to 6:30 PM. The event is free and open to the general public and features:
- Brief addresses by Genesee Community College President Stuart Steiner and several public officials.
- A reception for the Student Art Show with artwork from instructor Karen Todd’s Painting 1 and 2, and Introduction to Visual Art classes.
- A demonstration of video conferencing with a Public Speaking class from the Lima Campus Center.
- Campus Center tours.
- Guided tours of three historically significant churches with Joyce Chizick’s Western Art History Club and Orleans County Historian Bill Lattin. The tours will begin at 7:00 PM and include the Pullman Memorial Unitarian Universalist Church, Holy Family Parish-St. Joseph’s Church, and the First Presbyterian Church of Albion. Interested participants should meet at 7:00 PM at the Pullman Memorial Unitarian Universalist Church on the southeast corner of the intersection of North Main Street (Rte. 98) and Park Street (adjacent to the Albion Courthouse square).
- Light refreshments will be served and music will be provided by the Westside String Quartette from Rochester with Karen Marsh (violin), Keiko Vann (violin), Genesee Art instructor Karen Todd (viola) and Dorothy Romanet (cello).
The Albion Campus Center first opened in 1990 as Genesee Community College’s pioneering effort to bring the College to surrounding communities. Starting with a handful of classes and 159 students in 1990, the Albion Campus now runs more than 50 college classes each semester, serving over 450 students every week.
In addition to the academic classes held at the Albion Campus Center, it is also a place for local artists to exhibit their works of art. The Albion Campus became a GO-ART! Satellite Gallery in January 2009 and hosted 10 art shows that year including two student art shows, a community exhibit, and a faculty art show.
The Albion Campus is located at 456 West Avenue (Rte. 31), please call Albion Campus Center at 585-589-4936.