With the annual fashion show just weeks away, the Fashion Merchandising students at Genesee Community College are avidly preparing for this year’s production of “Luxe”. Two shows are scheduled for April 24, at 3:00pm and 7:00pm in the Forum at the Batavia Campus. The annual runway show is a much anticipated event that will provide guests of all ages with a glimpse inside the exciting and glamorous world of fashion.
The show includes many original creations and designs, as well as deigns from well-know clothing lines. Viewers will be captivated by beautiful dresses made completely out of recycled newspapers, as well as high fashion garments that will radiate down the entire runway. Scenes will also include trendy styles in menswear, swimwear, children’s attire and even edgy street fashions. The entertainment continues for guests after the show with tasty refreshments and fabulous door prizes.
Tickets are $5 presale or $7 at the door, pre-sale tickets are strongly encouraged. To order tickets or for additional information please contact Fashion Show secretary Cheryl Young at (585) 345-6830 or visit the Luxe Fashion Show website at http://www.genesee.edu/gcc/fashionshow/2010/.
The ‘Luxe’ lineup includes:
- Eco-Couture- Eco-friendly and recycled fashions. Scene coordinators- Brittany Moose (LeRoy, NY) and Kayla Palmer (Oneida, NY)
- Adore Millesime- Vintage inspired clothing. Scene Coordinators- Janelle Kujawski (Derby, NY) and Michelle Luvisi (Rochester, NY).
- Bare It All- Trendy swimsuits for men and women. Scene Coordinator- Brittany Rogers (Seneca Falls, NY)
- Flourish- A blossom of fashions for adults and children. Scene Coordinators- Natasha Napper (Bronx, NY) and Olivia Lennon (Geneva, NY).
- Love & Luxe- Fashions for the modern bride and groom. Scene Coordinators- Ellen Dagel (Rochester, NY) and Jamie Sutton (Buffalo, NY).
- Urban Chic- Contemporary looks with an edgy and chic contrast. Scene Coordinators- Briana Alford (Norfolk, NY) and Samantha VanderBrook (Clifton Springs, NY).
- Formally Yours- Timeless styles in prom wear. Scene Coordinator- April Cipolla (Batavia, NY).
- Fair Play- Rugged, sexy and bold attire. Scene Coordinators- Stephanie Edwards (Springville, NY) and Kelly Gutzmer (Webster, NY).
- Rouge- Pin up style lingerie. Scene Coordinators- Danielle Colvin (Marcy, NY) and Alyssa Delplato (Henrietta, NY).
- Sheer Desire- Romanic mix of light and dark clothing. Scene Coordinators- Alexa Blackmon (Olean, NY) and Mallory Morse (Penn Yan, NY).
- Masked Romance- Stunning fabrics, unique outfits and dramatic accessories. Scene Coordinators- Connor deGuehery (Buffalo, NY), Katelyn DeSieno (Scotia, NY) and Keera Eiffert (Cohocton, NY).
# # #