Genesee Community College along with Cool Kids presents the third annual Experience Genesee with an Open House on Saturday, March 6 starting at 9:00AM. Genesee’s Batavia Campus will be alive and in action with a morning of free, enjoyable fun-shops, entertainment, and refreshments, with an educational Open House for all potential new college students.
Experience Genesee offers something for everyone with activities such as fingerprinting with members of the Criminal Justice Club, exploring career options with members of GCC’s Career Center and learning the latest in new “games” from GCC’s Physical Education Club. There will be an open gym for kids and free refreshments for all. All activities are free and open to the public.
Schedule of Events:
8:00-9:00 AM -Registration / Central table in the Forum
9:00-10:00 -Funshops around the College
10:00-11:00 -Cool Kids Yo Yo Blast in the Forum
-Explore and tour College Village, open labs, library, and classrooms
11:00 -12:00 PM -Funshops continue around the College
12:00 -FREE Pizza in the Forum
Funshops to Experience (most sessions are approximately 30 minutes in length)
- School’s Cool! – Find out why with GCC’s Education Students
- Art History- “Visit” Lost Cities and Ancient Tombs
- Fashion Sense- It always pays to look your best!
- Fitness & Exercise Today- Tips on exercises and nutrition
- The Magic of Clay- Create a work of art
- Mind Your Own Business - Explore business opportunities
- Ride the Radio Waves @ WGCC- Be a guest DJ
- Avatars – Create Avatars and experience virtual worlds
- Sport Mini-Clinics –Mini competitions in the gym
- Chicago- Watch actors and actresses rehearse the upcoming musical.
- Chicago- Listen to the orchestra rehearse the songs from the upcoming musical
- Bodies in Motion- Explore GCC’s Physical Therapy labs
“While Experience Genesee offers a great, all-ages opportunity to explore the College and its many attributes, we will also have our admissions and financial aid staff on task to walk potential new students and their families through the College admissions process, step-by-step,” Tanya Lane-Martin, director of Admissions and assistant dean for Enrollment Services said. “Families can take advantage of the fun, free activities for their smaller children while older family members learn about the College campus and enormous educational opportunity here at Genesee. It really is Experiencing Genesee on multiple levels for multiple ages.”
Prospective students will be able to tour the College, Genesee Center for the Arts, and College Village, Genesee’s apartment style housing complex. They can explore potential career opportunities at the Career Center and visit Genesee’s modern Library, Barnes and Noble Bookstore and Student Union. Any person interested in signing up for the Open House can pre-register online at: www.genesee.edu/openhouse.
For information, contact Tanya Lane-Martin, director of Admissions / assistant dean for Enrollment Services for Genesee Community College at 585-345-6800 or 1-866-CALL-GCC