President Stuart Steiner reported to Genesee Community College's Board of Trustees Monday evening that the following six new members have been appointed to the College's faculty and staff:
• Shawn Adamson, Instructor of English. Mr. Adamson has been a member of the faculty of Elmira College, as well as a member of Genesee's adjunct faculty. He holds a B.A. degree from SUNY Binghamton and a M.A. degree from Long Island University, and currently resides in Geneseo, NY.
• Heather Jones, Instructor of Fine Arts. Ms. Jones has been an adjunct faculty member at both SUNY Geneseo and Genesee, as well as a practicing artist. She holds a B.F.A. degree from Alfred University and a M.F.A. degree from the Rochester Institute of Technology, and resides in Conesus, NY.
• Josephine Kearney, Instructor of Sociology and Human Services. Ms. Kearney has taught at Niagara County Community College, SUNY Fredonia, Erie Community College, and Buffalo State College. She also served as an English teacher in China, and has both client service and managerial experience in the human services field. She holds a B.A. degree from Daemen College and a M.A. degree from the University at Buffalo. Ms. Kearney is a resident of Lockport, NY.
• Karen Wilk, Technical Specialist, Accelerated College Enrollment Program. Ms. Wilk has served as an office manager at Roberts Wesleyan College. She has also held positions at Compeer International and the Multiple Sclerosis Society. She holds an A.S. degree from Alfred State College and a B.S. degree from Roberts Wesleyan College, is a current resident of Churchville, NY.
• Amy Cleveland, Technical Assistant/International Student Advisor. Ms. Cleveland has served as a part-time academic advisor at Genesee. She holds an A.A.S. degree from Genesee Community College, a B.A. degree from SUNY Fredonia, and an Ed.M. degree from the University at Buffalo. Ms. Cleveland resides in Batavia, NY.
• Kathleen Gurak, Instructor of Health and Physical Education. Ms. Gurak has worked in various public schools for 20 years as a teacher, department chair, coach, and administrator. She has also served as member of Genesee's adjunct faculty. She holds B.A. and M.S.Ed. degrees from SUNY Brockport, and resides in Groveland, NY.
Dr. Steiner also reported that Kathy Palumbo, Professor of Nursing, will serve as Interim Director of the College's Nursing program this fall. Ms. Palumbo will replace Kathleen Hankel, who is leaving Genesee to assume the position of Dean of Health Sciences at Holyoke Community College in Massachusetts.