Genesee Community College is pleased to announce that it will be hosting the following three Open Houses this Fall to help potential students and their families understand application process, financial aid opportunities, explore a wide range of different academic and career options and tour the college campuses and/or College Village. Interested visitors are encouraged to pre-register by going to www.genesee.edu/OpenHouse.
1. Computer Technology Open House will take place Thursday, November 1, from 7:00 -9:00 pm in the Conable Technology Building at the Batavia campus. This is an opportunity to explore today’s fastest growing career option and get information about programs such as:
• Computer Information Systems, AS
• Computer Support & Operations, AAS
• Computer Systems and Network Technologies, AAS
• Computer Repair, CERT
• Help Desk Support, CERT
• Web Development, CERT
The Computer Technology Open House gives visitors a chance to meet with computer technology faculty as well as current students. Learn about Genesee’s many strategic partnerships such as the MicroSoft Academic Alliance, the Cicso Networking Academy and the wide array of transfer degree agreements with four-year colleges and universities.
2. The Veteran’s Day Academic Open House is scheduled for Monday, November 12 at 9:00 am at the Batavia campus. The open house will provide a summary about what Genesee Community College has to offer academically for transfer and fast-track career degrees, financial aid, housing, day care, and student activities. Representatives from Admissions, Financial Aid, Student Life, Athletics, Student Support Services, and faculty give short presentations. The speakers, as well as a panel of current students, will be available to answer questions.
3. An All-Campus Centers Evening-hours Open House is scheduled for Wednesday, December 5 at 6:00 pm, and will take place at all seven campus locations listed below.
Genesee Community College’s campus locations are:
456 West Avenue
Albion, NY 14411
25 Edward Street
Arcade, NY 14009
With Kathy Palumbo*
One College Rd.
Batavia, NY 14020
9221 Robert Hart Drive
Dansville, NY 14437
5999 Big Tree Road
Lakeville, NY 14480
(585) 346-5070 Medina Campus
11470 Maple Ridge Rd
Medina, NY 14103
115 Linwood Avenue, Suite 3
Warsaw, NY 14569
*Kathy Palumbo, Associate Professor of Nursing, will be at the Arcade campus center during the December 5 open house to answer questions about careers in nursing. Genesee's two-year Nursing Program prepares students to pass the national R.N. licensing examination and is accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission. This program offers students an integrated approach to learning, combining nursing theory with supervised real-world clinical experience on the site of regional health service providers.
For more information contact Donna Rae Sutherland, Associate Director of Marketing Communications, at 585-343-0055 x6616 or go to: www.genesee.edu/OpenHouse.