Mr. Charles Cook of Bergen, President of Liberty Pumps, and General Chair of the Genesee Community College Foundation annual campaign, announced that Richard Gilmartin of Batavia, class of 1982, CPA, Freed, Maxick and Battaglia and this year's Alumni Division Campaign Chair has named these captains for the Alumni Division of the campaign:
• Mary K. Yunker of Batavia, class of 1970, executive assistant, P. W. Minor
• Paul Doyle of Basom, class of 1982, President, Professional Drivers Institute
• Joseph A. Monteleone of Warsaw, class of 1980, Investment Consultant, FI Group Inc.
• Lori Stupp of Batavia, class of 1989, Manager, AAA Batavia Office
• Curtis Heatherman of Leroy, Class of 1986, CPA, Freed Maxick and Battaglia
• Gina Giese of Batavia, Class of 1982, Assistant Vice President, M & T Bank
• Barbara Shine of Corfu, class of 1970, Director, Workforce Development, Genesee Community College
Nearly 12,000 alumni were advised of the current campaign through a mailing and will be reminded to support this valuable campaign by several teams of volunteer callers. The full campaign encompasses eight divisions: Genesee Faculty and Staff, Leadership, Alumni, Vendor, and the four counties in our region: Genesee, Livingston, Orleans and Wyoming. The overall goal of the campaign this year is $284,950.
This year's campaign theme, Our Best Investment, reflects the desire to support excellence in the classroom through scholarship incentives to students with the potential for high academic achievement. The Foundation's Board of Directors has also made it a high priority to make a college education available to all area residents who are capable, regardless of their ability to pay.
"The presence of the College in Genesee County is an economic asset to the community," said Mr. Cook, "and the additional presence of Genesee's five Campus Centers in surrounding counties is an asset to our entire region." Genesee Community College has Campus Centers in Albion (Orleans County), Lakeville and Dansville (Livingston County), Warsaw and Arcade (Wyoming County).
The Genesee Community College Foundation is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing service and support to Genesee Community College. It is led by a twenty-seven member board of directors comprised of local business and civic leaders. The Foundation, formed in the mid-eighties to provide philanthropic support to the College, provided 591 scholarships to Genesee students last year totaling $210,950. Gifts to the campaign may be sent to the Genesee Community College Foundation, One College Road, Batavia, NY 14020. For further information call (585) 345-6809, write to the address above, or to email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org.