Genesee Community College will be the host for this year's Spring Job Fair for the State University of New York Career Development Organization. This annual http://www.oswego.edu/cdojobfair/">Job Fair is scheduled for Saturday, April 12 from 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. at the Batavia Campus. Dozens of employers from across the state and the Western New York region are expected to be recruiting at this event, providing Genesee students with the opportunity to interact with employers who may not normally attend the Genesee Community College Job Fair. Susan H. Marschke, Professor and Counselor at the Genesee Community College Career and Transfer Center, announced today that this event will be open to the community.
The SUNY Job Fair is sponsored by the Genesee Community College Career and Transfer Center, the SUNY Career Development Organization, and radio station WBTA, 1400 AM, of Batavia.
Each year SUNYCDO hosts a Job Fair for students and graduates of the State University of New York (SUNY) system. In an effort to reach all students the Job Fair rotates to different locations around New York State. Because this is so close to the time of Genesee's annual Job Fair, this year the SUNY Job Fair will take the place of the Genesee Job Fair.
The Job Fair provides students and community residents the opportunity to learn about job opportunities throughout Western New York, and to talk to prospective employers. The event is ideal for anyone thinking about a job change or who wishes to explore new career opportunities.
Employers currently scheduled to be represented at the Job Fair include:
• ARC of Monroe County
• AXA Advisors
• Berkshire Farms Center and Services for Youth
• Computer Sciences Corp.
• Cooper Turbocompressor
• Cornell Cooperative Extension
• Eckerd Corporation
• Employment World
• Genesee County Chapter NYSARC, Inc.
• Heritage Centers
• Internal Revenue Service
• Kaman's Art Shoppes, Inc.
• KidsPeace National Centers of NY
• Lifetime Assistance, Inc.
• Medaille College - Amherst Campus; ACCEL Program
• Mutual of Omaha Companies
• New York State Health Care Recruiting Region - US Army
• NYS Department of Civil Service Outreach Recruitment Center
• NYS Office of Court Administration
• NYS Park Police
• Premier HR Solutions Group
• Target Stores
• Thrivent Financial for Lutherans
• Time Warner Cable
• T-Mobile USA, Inc.
• Transitional Living Services
• United States Department of Agriculture/National Agricultural Statistics Services
• United States Department of Agriculture, Farm Service Agency
• United States Department of Agriculture-Natural Resources Conservation Service
• Washington Mutual Bank
• YAI/National Institute for People with Disabilities
Employers who are interested in participating in the Job Fair may contact Susan Marschke in the Genesee Community College Career and Transfer Center at 585-345-6888 for registration information.