Batavia, NY – According to Punxsutawney Phil (the beloved Ground Hog from neighboring Pennsylvania), warmer weather is on its way and Genesee Community College is taking full advantage of an early spring by offering a calendar full of opportunities. Explore the many different degrees and certificates offered by GCC that increase earning potential and even start a whole new career path.
On Saturday, March 28, 2020 from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. GCC’s Batavia Campus will host an Open House event for students of all ages. Learn why thousands of people across the nation are now choosing community colleges to avoid the crushing student loan debt often incurred at four-year institutions. GCC’s Open House covers the admission and financial aid processes and provides campus-wide tours including College Village and the new communal living with private bedrooms in the recently renovated Birch Hall.
- 8:00 a.m. Early Registration in Stuart Steiner Theatre
- 8:15 a.m. Early Bird Campus Tours
- 8:30 a.m. Registration
- 9:00 a.m. Hear from College Admissions, Financial Aid, Student Success Center and Student Engagement & Inclusion Representatives*
- 10:15 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. Academic Fair in the Forum with program faculty
- 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Campus Tours – including College Village (residence halls)
- 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Nursing Information Session (optional)
*Presentations will be live-streamed at https://www.genesee.edu/home/event-streaming/
In addition to the Open House event, the College is also hosting specialized Major Exploration Days where attendees will meet with program faculty and dedicated student success coaches specialized to each major, and representatives from Admissions, Financial Aid and Student Activities. Attendees will also be given a tour of the campus and College Village.
- March 6, 2020 – Business Administration, Fashion, Science, Engineering, Tourism and Hospitality, and Food Processing Technology
- March 20, 2020 – Law/Paralegal, Criminal Justice, Human Services, Teacher Education
- April 24, 2020 – Healthcare programs including: Nursing, Physical Therapist Assistant, Sleep Technologist, Respiratory Care, Veterinary Technology and the NEW Health Studies, A.S.
- May 8, 2020 – Learn about the flexibility of a Liberal Arts degree: Creative and Fine Arts, Digital Arts and Physical Education
Major Exploration Days are scheduled on Fridays from 12 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. and start in the Conable Technology Building on GCC’s Batavia Campus. These sessions fill up fast, so registration is recommended and available online at www.genesee.edu/visit under “Major Exploration Days.”
Genesee Community College serves over 5,000 students with more than 65 academic programs and certificates. Among the many options are the Marketing and Social Media concentration within the Business Administration program, Food Processing Technology, Theatre Arts and six different healthcare programs including the new Health Studies, A.S.
Each GCC student is assigned a success coach at the College’s Student Success Center, who provides academic and career guidance from the first steps of the admissions process through to graduation including transferring credits to other institutions. The College’s robust athletic program is housed in the state-of-the-art Richard C. Call Arena featuring a fieldhouse, fitness center, Human Performance Lab, press box, as well as coaches’ offices and classrooms.
GCC operates a significant online program and student housing is available at College Village, just a three-minute walk from the Batavia Campus. With small class sizes and innovative technology inside and out of the classroom, SUNY GCC is known for being 'high-tech' and 'high-touch’.
GCC also offers classes and training through its Campus Centers located throughout Livingston, Orleans and Wyoming Counties at:
- Albion Campus Center – 456 West Ave, Albion
- Arcade Campus Center – 25 Edward Street, Arcade
- Dansville Campus Center – 31 Clara Barton Street, Dansville
- Lima Campus Center – 7285 Gale Road, Lima
- Medina Campus Center – 11470 Maple Ridge Road, Medina
- Warsaw Campus Center – 115 Linwood Avenue, Warsaw
For more information, contact Marketing Communications Director Donna Rae Sutherland at (585) 343-0055 ext. 6616, or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #
For two photographs from recent GCC Open Houses go to: