What: GCC Forum Players Perform Single Black Female
When: Four Performances:
- Thursday, November 29, 2018 at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, November 30, 2018 at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, December 2, 2018 from at 2 p.m.
Where: Genesee Community College Batavia Campus – Stuart Steiner Theatre
Black Box Theater Set-up / Tickets limited
Who: Mature audiences (ages 16+)
Genesee Community College’s Forum Players will take the stage in Single Black Female written by Lisa B. Thompson, award-winning playwright. Performances will take place on November 29, 30 and December 1, 2018 at 7:30 p.m. and on December 2, 2018 at 2 p.m.
In this show, quick comic vignettes tell the story of two thirty-something African-American middle class women looking for love, clothes, dignity and more in a world that only sees stereotypes. This production is a thesis project for co-director Jaime Arena, who is pursuing a master’s degree at Regent University.
The cast of Single Black Female is comprised entirely of GCC students:
- Single Black Females: Tori Ogunsanya of Brooklyn, NY and Khalisah Muhammad of Harlem, NY.
- Dancers featured in the production include:
- Natsumi Sasabe of Tokyo, Japan
- Akane Hagiwara of Tokyo, Japan
- Runo Suzuki of Hokkaido, Japan
- Fu Kikuchi of Fukuoka, Japan
- Chiyori Nakadai of Chiba, Japan
- Lakeithia Lindsey of Tampa, FL
- Salma Huzair of Waterport, NY (missing from cast photo)
Tickets for these performances are $8 for adults, and $5 for seniors (55+) and students (16+) and GCC faculty/ staff. GCC students with ID are $3, and GCC alumni with ID will receive a $2 discount on an adult ticket. To reserve seats, contact the GCC box office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (585) 345-6814.
For further information and photographs, contact Donna Rae Sutherland, associate director of Marketing Communications at (585) 343-0055 x 6616 or email@example.com.
# # #
Cast photographs, courtesy of GCC, are available at: http://marketing.genesee.edu/images/SBF2018_cast.jpg