Batavia, NY- The Adult Educational Opportunity Center (AEOC) has announced a year-long schedule of open monthly sessions designed to get anyone started on their way to a college degree! These sessions will be held at Genesee Community College’s Batavia Campus at One College Road, Batavia, New York, 14020.
As with all AEOC Services, these sessions are FREE and available both by appointment and walk-in! During these sessions, the AEOC’s Outreach Specialists will help potential college applicants with a variety of services, including:
- Financial Aid Counseling: help completing the FAFSA, understanding various financial aid options including student loans and Pell grants, retrieving transcripts, and assistance with special circumstance applications.
- Enrollment Assistance: completing college applications or enrollment forms, ACT Test registration and completing Entrance Exam Prep through Accuplacer.
- Veterans Services: AEOC outreach specialists are trained to assist any veteran in navigating services available for higher education.
Appointments and walk-in sessions will be held in the Conable Technology Building at GCC’s Batavia Campus. Both appointment and walk-in sessions will be available from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on each of the following days:
- Wednesday, January 24, 2018 in T122
- Wednesday, February 21, 2018 in T121
- Wednesday, March 21, 2018 in T121
- Wednesday, April 25, 2018 in T122
- Wednesday, May 16, 2018 in T122
- Wednesday, June 27, 2018 in T122
- Wednesday, July 25, 2018 in T122
- Wednesday, August 22, 2018 in T122
- Wednesday, September 26, 2018 in T122
- Wednesday, October 24, 2018 in T122
- Wednesday, November 28, 2018 in T122
- Wednesday, December 19, 2018 in T121
Appointments are available on additional dates by request. To schedule any appointment, please email AEOC@genesee.edu or contact Adult Education Director Kate Trombley, M.S. at (585) 343-0055 ext. 6285.
It is important to note that these College Entry Point Sessions are not limited to students attending or planning to attend GCC. Anyone interested in attending any college or in need of assistance in getting started can participate. Information regarding GCC and all other area colleges will be available at these sessions.
# # #