What: Veterans Day Honor Ceremony at GCC
When: Friday, November 10, 2017 at 12:00 noon
Where: Genesee Community College
Ceremony will take place at:
- Batavia Main Campus – One College Road, Batavia, NY 14020
Ceremony will also be live-streamed at:
- Albion Campus Center – 456 West Ave, Albion, NY 14411
- Arcade Campus Center – 25 Edward Street, Arcade, NY 14009
- Dansville Campus Center – 31 Clara Barton Street, Dansville, NY 14437
- Lima Campus Center – 7285 Gale Road, Lima, NY 14485
- Medina Campus Center – 11470 Maple Ridge Road, Medina, NY 14103
- Warsaw Campus Center – 115 Linwood Avenue, Warsaw, NY 14569
Or, online from anywhere at: https://www.genesee.edu/home/event-streaming/
Who: Veterans and their Families, and All Community Members
Background: Immediately following its Open House on Friday, November 10, 2017, at 12:00 noon, Genesee Community College will hold a Veterans Day Honor Ceremony on its Batavia Campus. This event will also be live-streamed in each of the College’s seven campus centers and online for added convenience. The public is encouraged to attend online or at any of the campus centers.
“Our intention is to celebrate as a community,” says James Simon, associate dean at Medina and Albion Campus Centers, and who is also a U.S. Veteran serving 22 years in the U.S. Air Force. “Live-streaming the ceremony is one way in which we can all be united in recognition of our common admiration and appreciation for all of the veterans and their families in our lives, both past and present. We sincerely hope the community will join us in some fashion on this special day.”
The Honor Ceremony will be emceed by Simon and will include:
- Assemblyman Steven M. Hawley will deliver opening remarks
- The Genesee County Joint Honor Guard performing a salute to the flag
- Guest speakers – including a reading by Benjamin Spaulding, a GCC student who served in the Marine Corp.
- A singing performance by the Batavia High School Chorus
- Representatives from the Veterans One-stop Center of WNY, Inc. (VOC of WNY) will be onsite welcoming our veterans and their families and providing services and opportunities information
- A special lunch for all veterans in attendance will be served at 1:15 p.m. in the Conable Technology Building.
For more information, contact Director of the Adult Educational Opportunity Center Kate Trombley at (585) 343-0055 ext. 6285, or via email: email@example.com.
# # #