On Friday, November 10, 2017 at 12:00 pm, Genesee Community College will be holding a Veterans Day Honor Ceremony at the Batavia Campus. This event will also be live-streamed in each of the College’s seven campus centers and also online for added convenience.
The public is encouraged to attend at any of the following locations to see the ceremony:
- Batavia Main Campus – One College Road, Batavia, NY 14020
- Albion Campus Center – 456 West Ave, Albion, NY 14411
- Arcade Campus Center – 25 Edward Street, Arcade, NY 14009
- Dansville Campus Center – 31 Clara Barton Street, Dansville, NY 14437
- Lima Campus Center – 7285 Gale Road, Lima, NY 14485
- Medina Campus Center – 11470 Maple Ridge Road, Medina, NY 14103
- Warsaw Campus Center – 115 Linwood Avenue, Warsaw, NY 14569
- Online via: https://www.genesee.edu/home/event-streaming/
“Our intention is to celebrate as a community,” says James Simon, associate dean at Medina and Albion Campus Centers, and who is also a U.S. Veteran serving 22 years in the U.S. Air Force. “Live-streaming the ceremony is one way in which we can all be united in recognition of our common admiration and appreciation for all of the veterans and their families in our lives, both past and present. We sincerely hope the community will join us in some fashion on this special day.”
The Honor Ceremony will commence with the Genesee County Joint Honor Guard performing a salute to the flag and opening remarks from Assemblyman Steven M. Hawley in the centrally located William W. Stuart Forum. Dean Simon will emcee the celebration which include other guest speakers, such as a reading by Benjamin Spaulding, a GCC student who served in the Marine Corp. Audience members will also enjoy a singing performance by the Batavia High School Chorus.
Immediately following, all veterans in attendance are invited to join GCC in a special lunch at 1:15 pm provided in the Conable Technology Building.