Batavia, NY- Now is the time to be planning for summer opportunities, especially if you are a graduating high school senior, high school junior or an adult who has never attended college before. Genesee Community College is once again offering these special populations in the College’s service area, primarily Genesee, Livingston, Orleans and Wyoming (GLOW) Counties the chance to take one or two GCC summer courses tuition-free through the Genesee Promise Plus (GPP) Summer Scholarship program.
The program is celebrating its ninth year of successfully giving hundreds of students the chance to make the most of their summer by enrolling one or two full credit college courses. This year more than 125 educational options are available at all seven GCC campus locations and online. From American Sign Language to Ceramics, Intro to Computers to Intro to Digital Photography, Hip Hop Culture to Geography of Sustainability, and much more — there is a course for everyone!
The three distinct GPP scholarship opportunities include the following:
- Graduating High School Seniors are eligible for scholarship funding to take one or two courses
- High School Juniors (rising seniors) and qualifying Homeschool Students are eligible for scholarship funding to take one course.
- Adults who have never attended college are eligible for scholarship funding to take one course. This includes adults who have received a GED prior to May 1, 2017 or graduated high school in December 2016 or earlier from a GLOW area high school.
Interested parties should discuss their unique situation and interests with a GCC success coach as soon as possible and submit the GPP application by final deadline of Friday, June 23, 2017. In addition, they must complete a general GCC admission application, which is always FREE. Adults must submit a copy of their high school transcripts. For complete details about who is eligible and what is necessary to apply, please visit http://www.genesee.edu/gcc/promise/.
For more information, contact Tanya Lane-Martin, assistant dean for Enrollment Services and director of Admission through email, firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Admission’s Office at 585-345-6800 or 1-866-CALL-GCC.
You can also stop in at any GCC campus location:
- GCC at Albion, 456 West Avenue (Rte. 31), Albion, NY 14411 / 589-4936
- GCC at Arcade, 25 Edward Street, Arcade, NY 14009 / 492-5265
- GCC at Batavia, 1 College Road, Batavia, NY 14020 / 345-6800
- GCC at Dansville, 9221 Robert Hart Drive, Dansville, NY 14437 / 335-7820
- GCC at Lima, 7285 Gale Road, Lima, NY 14485 / 582-1226
- GCC at Medina, 11470 Maple Ridge Road (Rte. 31A), Medina, NY 14103 / 798-1688
- GCC at Warsaw, 115 Linwood Avenue, Warsaw, NY 14569 / 786-3010
# # #