Batavia, New York —At this month’s Board of Trustee meeting, Chair Diane Torcello opened the meeting by first welcoming Genesee Community College’s new Genesee County Legislative Liaison, Marianne Clattenberg, who represents District 8 and Wards 1 and 6.
Dr. Kathleen Schiefen, GCC Provost and Executive Vice President of Academic Affairs, continued her ongoing reports to the Board of Trustees regarding the review and modifications of academic programs in alignment with the State University of New York’s seamless transfer initiative. The latest programs to undergo careful review and subsequent minor program adjustments include:
- Communications and Media Arts, AS
- Computer Repair Technology Certificate
- Computer Support and Operations AAS
- Criminal Justice AAS and AS
- Help Desk Certificate
- Musical Theatre Certificate
In other matters, the Board of Trustees:
- Approved the renewal of continuing appointments for the following GCC employees: Shawn Adamson, assistant professor of English (Batavia); Meredith Altman, professor of Mathematics (Churchville); Maryanne Arena, director of Fine and Performing Arts (LeRoy); Vicky Aubert, technical assistant, Warsaw Campus Center (Warsaw); Valerie Bello, assistant professor of Communications and Media Arts (Lancaster); Christine Belongia, professor of Teacher Education (Oakfield); Marjorie Blondell, associate professor of Nursing (Buffalo); Charley Boyd, professor of English (Batavia); Bill Brewer, assistant professor of Economics (Castile); Jeannie Burdick, counselor (Corfu); Chris Caputi, associate professor / clinical education coordinator (Tonawanda); Jean Chenu, associate professor of Office Technology (Cheektowaga); Kris Dassinger, assistant professor of English (Batavia); Rick Dudkowski, professor of Fashion Merchandising Management (Williamsville); Cindy Francis, professor / collection development librarian (Batavia); Patti Furness, technical assistant, GCC at Albion (Kent); Barry Garigen, professor of Criminal Justice (LeRoy); Norm Gayford, professor of English (Warsaw); Kathy Gurak, associate professor of Health and Physical Education (Groveland); Jim Habermas, professor of Computer Information Systems (Rochester); Ed Hallborg, theatre technician (Cowlesville); Tim Hinz, associate professor of Computer Information Systems (Batavia); Heather Jones, assistant professor of Art (Conesus); Josephine Kearney, assistant professor of Sociology / Human Services (Lockport); Mary Knappen, professor of Mathematics (Rochester); Amy Masters, technical specialist, Financial Aid (Batavia); Christie McGee-Ross, technical assistant, Women’s Basketball / Intramural Programming (Cheektowaga) Kathy Palumbo, director of Nursing (Corfu); Susan Ryan, technical specialist, Admissions (Batavia); Amy Schnettler-Zak, assistant professor of Nursing (Alden); Charles Scruggs, associate professor of History / Political Science; Amy Slusser, professor of Tourism and Hospitality Management (Warsaw); Catherine Wall, assistant professor of Nursing (Hilton); Nina Warren, director of Library Services (Churchville) and Karen Wicka, assistant professor of Criminal Justice (Hamburg).
- Approved the initial continuing appointment of the following GCC employees: Lourdes Abaunza, technical specialist, Student Financial Services (Batavia); Debbie Allen, technical assistant, GCC at Dansville (Avon); Rachel Blecha, technical specialist for Enrollment Services (East Bethany); Michele Bokman, director of Operations, GCC at Albion and Medina (Medina); Debbie Dunlevy, director, Career Pathways (Batavia); Melissa Dussault, technical specialist, GCC at Lima (Lima); Josh Escudero, director of Respiratory Care / assistant professor (Victor); Maxine Fearrington, instructor of Nursing (Attica); Becky Green, technical specialist, Recruitment Publications (Stafford); Cindy Hagelberger, instructor / reference services librarian (Darien Center); Jessica Hibbard, technical specialist, GCC at Warsaw (Castile); Bruce Ingersoll, instructor of Veterinary Technology (Rochester); John McGowan, director of Business and Employee Skills Training (Batavia); Paul Schwartz, instructor of Chemistry / Mathematics (Webster); Robert Swinarski, instructor of Computer Systems / Network Technology (Batavia); Tim Tomczak, director of Social Sciences / professor and Joe Ziolkowski, instructor of Photography and Art (Batavia).